Teeth Whitening Sensitivity!
Teeth whitening is a great way to improve the look of your smile. It’s usually a simple procedure for cosmetic dentistry. One important factor to consider before whitening your teeth is the possibility of sensitivity that can develop. The main component in teeth whitening is Hydrogen Peroxide. It’s properties have been shown to irritate the tooth nerve.
Tooth sensitivity is a feeling of pain usually as a response to cold air or water. If you currently suffer from tooth sensitivity, you may want to re-think your whitening regime.
Here are some tips to help with sensitivity:
- Follow your dentist’s instructions when using the professional product
- Never whiten your teeth longer than recommended
- Take small breaks between treatments to alleviate symptoms
- Limit cold drinks and foods during treatment period
- Maintain good oral hygiene habits before any whitening treatments
At Parekh & Associates we offer both Zoom Whitening and take home treatments. If you have sensitive teeth, talk to us about the options available to you!
– Dr. SultanAppointment Request