Cavities are a reference to tooth decay and can cause some serious trouble for your oral health. If they are left untreated, they can sometimes require surgery or extraction! How can we prevent cavities and the problems they can cause? Here are a few helpful tips:
- Brush twice a day and be sure to floss daily. This will help to remove plaque from between your teeth and below your gum line. Plaque can build over time causing cavities!
- Ensure regular dental check ups. Your dentist can help spot problems before they become bigger! Check in with your dentist at least twice a year to help prevent cavities.
- Eat a well balanced diet! Limit the amount of starchy or sugary foods you eat to help minimize acid build up in your mouth. This acid breaks down your teeth, causing tooth decay and cavities!
- Make sure your dental products (toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.) have fluoride in them. Fluoride is a defender against cavities!
For more questions on how to prevent cavities or for a dental check up in Woodbridge, contact us at Dentistry for You today! We look forward to protecting your beautiful smile!
– The Dentistry for You Team